From an email from NARAL:
The new policy that will cover women’s birth-control coverage is under attack from all sides.
Anti-choice groups have collected more than 20,000 signatures on a petition calling on the White House to rescind the policy.
The Obama administration is standing strong, but we need to make sure they hear from us.
Sign our petition to support no-cost birth control today!
The attack on women’s access to no-cost birth control just went up a very big notch.
Anti-choice groups are fast collecting signatures on a petition on the White House website calling on the administration to rescind its new birth-control coverage policy.
The White House has committed to responding to every petition that collects 25,000 signatures, and our opponents are close to reaching this number.
Help us counter their anti-contraception petition. We started our own petition, expressing support for every woman’s right to get her contraception covered.
Please add your name to our petition on the White House “We The People” website to show that pro-choice support far outnumbers opposition.
Here’s how it works. Please note that you will need to create an account on WhiteHouse.gov.
1. Go to our petition: https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/!/petition/stand-strong-support-new-no-cost-birth-control-policy/HM8jg7Y4
2. Sign in if you already have an account. If you don’t have an account already, click “Create an Account” and fill out your information.
3. Check your email. Look for an email with the subject line “Almost done! Verify your WhiteHouse.gov account.” Click the link in that email to verify your account and sign in. It may takes a few minutes to receive this email.
4. Click “Sign This Petition.”
5. You’ve signed it! You can use the links on the next screen to share the petition with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, or email.
What we’re seeing is a coordinated effort to deny women coverage for basic family-planning services. Last week, the Susan G. Komen Foundation decided to discontinue providing grant money for cancer screenings at Planned Parenthood. Now, anti-contraception forces have launched a multi-million dollar campaign to overturn the new no-cost birth control policy.
The good news is that – as you know – pro-choice Americans like you pulled together and convinced Komen to reverse course. You made that victory possible. We must continue to work together and defeat this next attempt to take away women’s birth-control coverage.
Thank you so much for adding your name.
President, NARAL Pro-Choice America
[Obviously not just women use the forms of contraception covered and not just women are being affected by antichoice groups trying to rescind access to important contraception coverage with no copays.]